polytanks order online


polytanks call phone

1300 101 333

How Does a Water Tank Benefit Your Family?

How Does a Water Tank Benefit Your Family?
June 16, 2021 admin

Water is an extremely rare and precious resource.

Around 99% of the earth’s water is undrinkable. That leaves 1% of fresh, potable water for all of humanity’s needs. These needs include, agricultural, residential, manufacturing, community and personal needs. According to the World Health Organization, 785 million people do not have access to clean drinking water. It is also predicted by 2025, that “half of the world’s population will be living in water-stressed areas.”

A naturally water-stressed area is Australia. With an average annual rainfall of 419 mm, it is the driest, populated continent on earth. Rainfall varies, with many parts of Australia in drought, followed by flooding rains. The majority of the Australian water supply is sourced from surface or ground water. As a result, the changing seasons and climate can directly impact water stores. Due to this, many regions within Australia either have permanent or temporary water restrictions in place. However, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, Australian households use an enormous 1, 800 GL of water each year.

The old tank beside an old windmill

A rusty tank – clearly not a Poly tank.

After reading this, you are probably thinking what you can do to help relieve some of this pressure. Along with following the water restriction guidelines for your area, we suggest that every home should install a rainwater tank.

Here is why we think water tanks are beneficial.

Reduced costs

Let’s face it, we all love free stuff! Apart from the upfront cost of buying a water tank – the cost of harvesting rainwater is $0. By using rainwater for daily chores such as washing clothes, dishes, or any gardening, your water bill will be reduced. In the end it will save you money that you can spend elsewhere.

Reduced demand on mains system

Along with saving money, when you buy and install a water tank, it will reduce the demand on the mains water system. Another bonus is that there are no restrictions for rainwater. You can use as much or as little as you please. By reducing the demand, there will also be less need to build reservoirs.

Suits every home

There are many water tanks on the market. This provides customers with a range of shapes and sizes to choose from. Different types of water tanks include round, slim line (urban camel), underdeck, and underground tanks to name a few. This allows tanks to fit in with the many different style of homes to suit each customer’s needs.

Environmental considerations

By collecting and storing rainwater, there is less storm water runoff. This  can reduce flooding, erosion and pollution of the storm water system and the local water bodies.

Personal preference

Another benefit of storing water in tanks, is that people may prefer it for health reasons. For example, some people may prefer their water fresh without added chemicals. Some town’s water supply can be harsh and unpleasant to consume, thus filtered rainwater is preferred. Conscious gardeners may also prefer rainwater due to it having more nitrogen and less chlorine and salt.

We believe that every Australian household should have a rainwater tank. They benefit you, as well as the community and the environment. Here at Poly Tanks Australia, we aim to provide our customers with great service and even better products. Our rainwater tanks are designed to last, and will save you money. Contact our friendly team if you have any questions or need further assistance.


Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *